Natralock® packaging combines a highly durable, tear-resistant paperboard with a thermoform blister or bubble to protect your product from theft and damage. Natralock® is made with paperboard that can contain up to 15 percent recycled content, uses less plastic than traditional clamshell packaging, and features a compact blister for product display.
BOARD STOCKS AND GRADES
Natralock® Resist +
Natralock® Resist + paperboard is engineered for applications requiring the Elmendorf tear test specification. The tear strength of the paperboard remains constant even after a tear has been initiated.
Natralock® Resist paperboard is designed for items required to meet specifications established by the Graves tear test method. The paperboard is extremely difficult to tear without first initiating a nick with a sharp object or scissors, and uses a special construction for a better consumer experience.
The Natralock® UltraSeal paperboard grade offers the substrate’s inherent tear properties, and features WestRock Easy Seal® technology, providing the most economical solution for minimum security packaging applications.
- Up to 150 line screen
- Flexo or Offset
- Four color process and PMS line colors
- Botanical inks
- Aqueous coating standard
- UV inks & coatings available
- Bigger, bolder graphics that help your product get noticed
- Almost unlimited variety of package shapes and sizes
- Ideal for multi-packs in cut cases
- Perfect for high-value items
- Tear-resistant hang hole for heavier items
- Reduces pilferage
- Safe to open
- Increased line speeds
- Seals on existing heat seal equipment
- WestRock uses Environmental Packaging International (EPI) to get independent third party assessments of our Natralock® packaging, which includes the Sustainable Packaging Coalition’s COMPASS tool and the Walmart Packaging Modeling Tool. Both of these tools are publicly available and the use of a third party to perform the assessments ensures that all measurements and weights are accurate and validated.Based on these studies, WestRock took a look at how Natralock® packaging performed against traditional plastic clamshell packaging. The test revealed that, on average, Natralock® packaging showed:
- 70 % less plastic use
- 22 % reduction in total packaging weight
- 55 % less energy use (BTU) in manufacturer material
- 22 % less greenhouse gas emission for packaging production
- 90 % reduction in chemical bad actors
Additionally, EPI calculated the international packaging fees on both Natralock® and clamshell packaging. They concluded that the fees are reduced on average by 14 to 74 percent with Natralock® packaging.
Rohrer. The total package. A better package.