Recently, plastic has gotten a bad rap as a packaging option. But did you know that not all plastic is deemed “bad” for the environment? It comes down to what the plastic is made of and if those components can be recycled.
Take PET (polyethylene terephthalate) for instance. It’s actually one of the most recycled plastics globally, making it a sustainable option for packaging. Rohrer uses PET to create most of its plastic folding cartons and PET is 100% recyclable. Just one of the perks of plastic folding cartons.
Why Choose Plastic Folding Cartons for Your Packaging?
Interested in more perks? Here are our Top 5 Reasons to choose plastic folding cartons:
- Product Visibility: Your product is clearly visible in a plastic folding carton. Consumers can easily see the product and evaluate its color, size, quality, and other aspects to make a buying decision. Plastic folding cartons get points for product visibility.
- Yes! It’s Possible to Print on Plastic: Printing on plastic can be a challenge, but not at Rohrer. We’ve been successfully printing on plastic for almost 50 years. Our litho-grade plastics (plastics that can be printed on) provide clean graphics and ink adhesion on your plastic folding cartons. Would you like to incorporate 4-color process, spot colors, or foil stamping on your package? Rohrer can do that. Boost your branding by printing on plastic!
- It’s Strong but Lightweight: Plastic is strong enough to protect your product. When compared to glass, paperboard, rubber, stainless steel, cork and other packaging materials, plastic weighs significantly less. Get the brawn without the bulk.
- It’s Fast: Many industries get their plastic materials from Asia. Since the pandemic, getting plastic materials here in the U.S. has been difficult (and expensive).
Here’s the good news: Rohrer has a readily-available supply of litho-grade PET and PVC (polyvinyl chloride) plastic for quick and affordable plastic folding carton production. Rohrer definitely has the “home team” advantage because we have plastic right here in the U.S.
And it will save money in shipping and transportation costs because plastic is so lightweight. Cha-Ching!
- It’s Versatile: Plastic folding cartons can be engineered or designed into a variety of styles and shapes to meet your product’s unique specifications. They’re ideal for gift boxes or holiday special editions. And the transparency of plastic folding cartons allows you to show off the beautiful design of the product itself or integrate the product into the overall package design. Plastic is a creative, versatile option for packaging.
Now you see why many brands are looking at Rohrer’s plastic folding cartons as a packaging option. Depending on the plastic materials you choose, they can be sustainable and readily-available. Plastic folding cartons also offer the benefits of product visibility, lightweight protection and printing pizzazz. Talk about perks!
At Rohrer, we believe that true partners make the perfect package. Let our award-winning team help you create an amazing plastic folding carton today.